- Watch the entire forum and see each of the candidates make their case for why you should vote for them. Do you want a quick summary?The city is facing a serious budget crisis and Annisa is the only candidate in this race with the 1) experience managing multi-million dollar budgets to ensure that taxpayers dollars are spent efficiently; 2) ability to speak multiple languages and can talk to everyone in our amazing and diverse ward; and 3) track-record of fighting to make governments more accountable.
- Check out the twitter feed at #33wardforum. There are a several we really like, but "@a_wanat Refreshing to hear a well thought out, well articulated argument for change" sums up our take on the evening pretty well.
- Read the news coverage of the event that we have posted on our media page.
- Ask follow-up questions to the candidates on the 33rd Ward Aldermanic Candidate Forum page.
- Watching the 33rd Ward debate on @YouTube... decided my vote is going to @a_wanat.
- It was wonderful to hear you speak tonight. You inspire those who care and think deeply. Thank you.
- She's not just "not Mell" - she's a good candidate!
- You won my vote on Tuesday night, I was over the moon, thrilled, so beyond impressed, you're great!
- I’m in! I have decided that YOU are the best candidate for the job after tonight.
- I absolutely thought Annisa won the debate tonight. Hands down.
- Great job. You crushed it. Left a check with the young woman at the table.
Albany Park Neighbors
Avondale Neighborhood Association
Horner Park West Neighborhood Association
Irving Park East
People of East Albany Park (PEAP) block club
Ravenswood Manor Improvement Association
TRIP - The Residents of Irving Park
West River Park Neighbors
Finally, if your time strapped, here is a quick "Guide" to the video of the event, in case you just want to jump to your favorite topics!
Candidate Intros - 0:07
Why the Ward is Great - 0:13
Local Business - 0:19
Minimum Wage - 0:23
Education - 0:27
"Ward Services" - 0:31
Public Safety - 0:35
"The Chicago Way" - 0:41
Mayoral Support - 0:46
City Council "In General" - 0:47
Budget and Finances - 0:53
Lucas and Obama Museums - 0:58
Ethics and the Inspectors General - 1:01
"Get to Know the Candidates - Personal Questions" - 1:05
Closing Statements - 1:10